Tuesday 18 January 2011

New Year....New Me....LOLZ

So me and my stupid mouth decided that I wasn’t going to drink for the month of January. Unfortunately I make this stupid resolution every year normally on New Years Eve when I have been off work and am relatively chilled about things, whilst forgetting January is the busiest and most stressful time of the year, doing tax returns that need to be filed by 31 January each year.

So having not gone out the 1st weekend I thought it could get easier, not helped by friends trying to get me out (I fail so massively being sober around drunk people), I finally succumbed the week after, which after about four years of trying to do it is the longest I have lasted!

Not drinking also affects my poker, as a couple take off the nervous edge of losing money. I have found myself starting games and after 20 minutes, I’m scared of losing money, which is the wrong way to be whilst playing, the only time I carry on if I lose a buyin quickly then will play until I have got it back. Again not a good way to be playing, so i need to sort my head out to get round this problem as I am trying to cut out drinking whilst at home, and just keeping it to when I go out.

I have also been going to the gym a lot more frequently, and even started using the weights instead of 100% cardio. And man I suck at them. I have to make sure no one is around when I’m using them as I’m sure the weights I use is embarrassing. But intend to keep this up throughout the year along with me not drinking as much (any cut down is an improvement!), although to be fair I kept it up last year at least 2 twice a week for the majority of the year but hoping for 3 or 4 times a week this year
.
Have decided to go to PKR Leeds, more for the crack than actually playing poker and am undecided whether to play a £100 buy in event with 80,000GTD at Dusk Till Dawn in Nottingham next weekend. If it looks like over-laying I may well play it.

A nice hand to finish off with :D

***** Hand History for Game 1575872555 ***** (PKR)
$25.00 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Friday, January 07, 07:21:58 ET 2011
Table Late Store (Real Money)
Seat 4 is the button
Seat 1: Drsnolly ( $13.97 USD )
Seat 2: MeneGeneOkerland ( $27.95 USD )
Seat 3: XCiTe1337 ( $16.32 USD )
Seat 4: D4N1L01990 ( $25.65 USD )
Seat 5: Wolfsburger ( $15.52 USD )
Seat 6: Knipser90 ( $50.97 USD )
Wolfsburger posts small blind [$0.10 USD].
Knipser90 posts big blind [$0.25 USD].
Dealt to MeneGeneOkerland [  Ah Qh ]
Drsnolly calls [$0.25 USD]
MeneGeneOkerland raises [$1.10 USD]
XCiTe1337 folds
D4N1L01990 folds
Wolfsburger folds
Knipser90 folds
Drsnolly calls [$0.85 USD]
** Dealing Flop ** [ Th, Kh, Jh ]
Drsnolly checks
MeneGeneOkerland checks
** Dealing Turn ** [ 3s ]
Drsnolly bets [$2.55 USD]
MeneGeneOkerland calls [$2.55 USD]
** Dealing River ** [ 4c ]
Drsnolly bets [$3.82 USD]
MeneGeneOkerland raises [$10.70 USD]
Drsnolly calls [$6.50 USD]
MeneGeneOkerland wins $0.38 USD
Drsnolly shows [Ts, Jc ]
MeneGeneOkerland shows [Ah, Qh ]
MeneGeneOkerland wins $26.88 USD from main pot

No comments:

Post a Comment