Saturday 10 December 2011

Stan James hit 'n' run

The last two days I have been at the December International meeting at Cheltenham. The card on Friday was pretty meh, but it was the first time I have been to Cheltenham and been sober for the whole day (driving so no drink L). Being sober this helps my wallet somewhat.
  1.  I don’t have to spend £4.30 for every pint I consume. £4.30 for a pint...in a plastic cup!!
  2.  I keep in control of what I’m betting in that I don’t get drunken tilt when I have a loser and start doubling bets that escalate into an empty wallet nightmare.

So my day was very enjoyable a controlled £70 staked with £70 back. Breakeven at Cheltenham always feels like booking a win.

And to Saturday. On the car journey to the course I was informed by my mate Dave of a fantastic Stan James offer of having a bet in the International Hurdle up to £50 on your mobile and if your selection loses you get your money back! I was like there must be a catch that’s just giving away money and they can never win. Now, I understand the reasoning behind it, they believe if you deposit £x amount of money and you gget it back you’ll just flitter it away on something else. However, I had no intention of doing so , in fact I was already counting my free winnings on Granduet hosing up, but had a £50 fail safe if anything went wrong. Anyway at 3.11 I was duly counting my winnings and also had another £50 on course for a very nice day out at Cheltenham, beer included this time J. Also had another winner, and runs for my money in all the other races to book a nice little £205 profit. Immediately withdrew the £187.50 from my account, and Stan James also kindly sent me text congratulating me on backing Granduet, how very kind.

I played a bit of poker Thursday night knowing I didn’t have to get up for work on Thursday. Played a little bit of NL50 before the drink got to me and I ended up on the action tables....again. BUt you can’t keep a run good down.


Just running at $71.55 an hour on action tables now

No comments:

Post a Comment